Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime are now one of the best selling Android smartphones currently available in India. It is priced at Rs 6,999 and Rs 8,999 respectively. At launch, it was a Flipkart exclusive, however now it’s available to purchase online in India on Amazon.in as well.
Since Redmi 3s has been selling quite well, we have got plenty of Certified Buyer aka Verified Purchase reviews explaining Pros and Cons of this device. Let’s check out some main issues customers are facing with this device.
- Hanging Issues – this can be caused by many issues – poor ram management, software bugs, lack of processing power, storage right speed etc. In Redmi 3S case it is probably the combination of Xiaomi’s custom MIUI and ram management. Snapdragon 430 on board is an entry level processor, so one shouldn’t have high hopes on achieving amazing performance.
- Many complain about experiencing Heating issues.
- Frequent Restart / Shutdown problems – I think this is mainly due to the phone overheating and initiating an auto restart or shutdown.
- Average Camera Performance – You are paying just Rs 6,999 for this device. For that price, it’s a crime to talk about this phone having poor image quality.
- Some are complaining about getting defective chargers. I am not sure if they are getting chargers that do not work at all or the charging is too slow. Remember, this has a 4100mAh battery, it will take some time to fully charge it.
- A user on Flipkart complains about having Mic problems – even after getting a replacement phone.
Redmi 3S has plenty of positive reviews as well on Flipkart. There are currently 24763 Certified Buyer Reviews – that’s a lot. Out of those 2654 are Negative reviews. So in short, if you are lucky, and don’t use phone for heavy tasks / multitasks, you would be fine with the purchase. You can read all reviews here.