Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be available to purchase / Pre-order in India online on April 19 onwards from Flipkart. Official MRP pricing is yet to be announced. Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus sold in India are not powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, instead has Samsung’s own Exynos 8895 on board.
April 19 Update : Galaxy S8 Price in India : Rs 57,900 on Flipkart. Check here.
Galaxy S8 / S8+ Specs and Features
The revolutionary design of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ begins from the inside out. We rethought every part of the phone’s layout to break through the confines of the smartphone screen. So all you see is pure content and no bezel. It’s the biggest, most immersive screen on a Galaxy smartphone of this size. And it’s easy to hold in one hand.
- Display : 5.8 Quad HD / 6.2 Quad HD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor : Exynos 8895 Octa core CPU / Mali-G71 MP20
- Memory : 4GB ram, 64GB storage, 256GB sdcard support.
- Camera : 12MP Rear Camera with F1.7 Aperture lens, Dual Pixel Sensor, Smart Auto Focus and Pro Mode / 8MP Front Camera with F1.7 aperture lens for Selfies and Video Chat.
- Security : IRIS Scanner, Fingerprint Sensor, Facial Recognition
- Battery : 3000mAh / 3500mAh
- Colors : Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Operating System : Android 7 Nougat with Touchwiz UI , Bixby Personal Assistant.
Galaxy S8 and S8+ have the same camera as the older Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. However, Samsung has improved the software, and now has Google Pixel style HDR+ mode that ensure better, sharper images with good dynamic range.